Ritual Play – workshop
for private explorers
for movement, touch, tantra, body & sexuality professionals – this is part 1 to train to use Ritual Play in your practice
“The beauty of Ritual Play is that the participants learn how to play. That is huge. Generally when you are close to people physically and/or you are having sex, you have a goal. And everybody working with tantra and intimacy will say “don’t have a goal.” But nobody teaches you HOW to not have a goal, what to do instead. Ritual Play teaches you that. Plus, it is fun, really fun.” Dr.Betty Martin, sexuality and touch coach, practitioner trainer
What is Ritual Play?
The Ritual Play structure was created 2012 by Marina Kronkvist as an alternative to the traditional giver-receiver dynamic used in touch-based sessions, like Tantra massage and other relaxing bodywork. The specific structure supports free-flowing two-way touch dynamic that honours both the practitioner and the client. The participants are invited, within a defined time and place, to drop their goals and instead engage in a “here and now”- dynamic that is unfolding moment by moment.
Ritual Play in a group setting, as during this weekend, is like a partnered practice similar to social meditation practices or partnered yoga. We practice in duos, trios, and also solo and in group.
Who is this Ritual Play workshop for:
• Anyone who could enjoy learning a clear and engaging structure to use with friends, lover/s & partner/s
• Professionals who see ways to enhance their work and to have a clear structure to use in your practice with clients & groups. This weekend is the first part of 2 if you want to officially incorporate Ritual Play into your work and become part of the Ritual Play professional community.
Ritual Play offers a clear, repeatable format for an interactive, non-verbal, two-way touch dynamic that can be used
- By a practitioner and a client.
- By lovers
- By friends
- By long-term partners
- By community-members in co-living situations (Marina lives in a eco-village)
- With participants in various events, groups and workshops
- With staff in organisations (corporate or non-profit)
Ritual Play is intimate in its invitation to non-verbal “in the moment”- realness.
The simple Ritual Play container of 4 rules, 4 invitations, 1 mat and 1 starting technique creates a safer space where somatic impulses & responses and their full range of emotions and expressions – tender, soft, distant, spicy, confronting, comforting, nurturing, erotic, hierarchical, silly, devotional – are invited to be owned, embodied and mindfully put to play in an interactive dynamic without a goal.
Ritual Play is a practice for adults of all ages, all genders and all sexual orientations
“I hold polyamory gatherings in my free time and have co-facilitated snuggle parties in the past. What I like about Ritual Play is that it has fewer rules than a cuddle party and offers a wider range of interaction among the people playing.” Richard of PolySaar, Germany
What this workshop offers You:
- Lots of experience playing in different Ritual Play variations (solo, duo, trio) so you get familiar with being moved by your non-verbal, bodily impulses & responses within this format.
- A short deconstruction of the fundamentals in the Ritual Play structure so you’ll understand why it is design as it is, so you can confidently present it to those you will play with further on.
- Experience of how Intention can be used with Ritual Play.
- Experience of Ritual Play encounters influenced by various somatic practices – possibly by Betty Martin’s Wheel of Consent practice, a Feldenkrais lesson, a BodyMindCentering somatic exploration, breathwork.
- Introductory understanding of the nervous system functioning that is at play when we feel safe or threatened, including the new research on the Vagus Nerve complex.
“The regulation goal for the autonomic system is not any specific point of arousal along the parasympathetic-sympathetic continuum. Rather the goal is flexibility, range, and versatility. Some situations require high parasympathetic tone (digesting), some high sympathetic tone (chopping wood), and some both simultaneously (play, sex). “Michael Samsel”
General Practical details:
Earlier bird price: 230 – 250 euro depending on country
Later bird price: ca 280 euro depending on country
Training hours: Saturday 10-21, Sunday 10-17
Workshop language: English
Participants: max 20
Click to learn about the 5-day Ritual Play Professional Training in Finland 2 – 6 August 2023