Ritual Play 2-day Training Los Angeles May 12-13
for touch, body & sexuality professionals and for private explorers
“The beauty of Ritual Play is that the participants learn how to play. That is huge. Generally when you are close to people physically and/or you are having sex, you have a goal. And everybody working with tantra and intimacy will say “don’t have a goal.” But nobody teaches you HOW to not have a goal, what to do instead. Ritual Play teaches you that. Plus, it is fun, really fun.” Dr.Betty Martin, sexuality and touch coach, practitioner trainer
Many tantricas, body workers and workshop facilitators invite and encourage their clients to explore interactions without a goal or without trying to achieve any particular state. However, this is not always easy to do. Ritual play uses a specific structure that enables the players, within a defined time and place, to drop their goals and instead engage in a “here and now”- dynamic that is unfolding moment by moment.
Ritual Play offers a clear, repeatable format for an interactive, non-verbal, two-way touch dynamic that can be used:
- Between a practitioner and a client.
- Between lovers
- Between friends
- Between long-term partners
- Between community-members in co-living situations (Marina lives in a eco-village)
- Between strangers in various events, groups and workshops
Ritual Play is intimate in its invitation to non-verbal “in the moment”- realness.
The simple Ritual Play container of 4 rules, 4 invitations, 1 mat and 1 starting technique creates a safer space where somatic impulses & responses and their full range of emotions and expressions – tender, soft, distant, spicy, confronting, comforting, nurturing, erotic, hierarchical, silly, devotional – are invited to be owned, embodied and mindfully put to play in an interactive dynamic without a goal.
Ritual Play is a practice for adults of all ages, all genders and all sexual orientations.
The Ritual Play dynamic was created by Marina Kronkvist as an alternative to the traditional giver-receiver dynamic used in touch-based sessions, like Tantra massage and other bodywork. The structure allows a very free-flowing two-way touch dynamic that honors both the practitioner and the client.
Who is this Training for:
- advanced practitioners who see ways to use it to enhance their work with clients
- beginner practitioners to have a clear structure to use in your practice with clients
- anyone who could enjoy learning a clear and engaging structure to use with groups, friends and lovers
“I hold polyamory gatherings in my free time and have co-facilitated snuggle parties in the past. What I like about Ritual Play is that it has fewer rules than a cuddle party and offers a wider range of interaction among the people playing.” Richard of PolySaar, Germany
What this Training offers You:
- Lots of experience playing in different Ritual Play variations so you learn to be & flow with your non-verbal, bodily self within this format
- A deconstruction of the Ritual Play structure so you’ll understand why it is design as it is, so you can confidently present it to those you will play with further on
- Understanding how to implement two kinds of safety, for both you and the client / the playpartner / the group: bodily safety (in relation to self in space) which is the base for a social safety (in relation to each other).
- Understanding how to support the client / playpartner / the group to stay in full, relaxed engagement.
- Experience of Ritual Play encounters influenced by Betty Martin’s Wheel of Constent practice, by a Feldenkrais lesson, by a BodyMindCentering somatic exploration and by Intention.
- Insight into how Ritual Play is informed by Participatory Art practices, and why it matters
- Understanding of the nervous system functioning that is at play when we feel safe or threatened, including the new research on the Vagus Nerve complex.
“The regulation goal for the autonomic system is not any specific point of arousal along the parasympathetic-sympathetic continuum. Rather the goal is flexibility, range, and versatility. Some situations require high parasympathetic tone (digesting), some high sympathetic tone (chopping wood), and some both simultaneously (play, sex). “Michael Samsel”
Price: Early Bird until Sunday, 30 April 200 USD. Normal Bird after 250 USD
Event Address: To be announced later.
Workshop language: English
Upcoming Trainings in 2017: Berlin in September